AKESO IS WELL-PLACED TO LOOK AFTER YOU DURING THE COVID – 19 PANDEMIC
The response to COVID-19 is continuously evolving as we learn new things about the virus. Akeso has ensured compliance to appropriate infection control measures in order to safeguard both staff as well as the clients who come into our facilities.
All persons who come into an Akeso facility:
- Must have a protective mask on. This should be able to securely cover the mouth and nose without needing continuous adjusting.
- Will find a screening desk at the entrance where temperature reading will be done, as well as completion of a questionnaire, to establish the likelihood of Covid-19 infection.
- Will be provided with ample no-touch sanitisation stations and access to bathrooms to wash their hands.
- Akeso has ensured absolute minimal interaction between in-hospital patients and outpatient clients. This is done to reduce the risk of cross-infections.
- Our facilities have frequent wipe-down of seating and table-tops as well as bathrooms and other common areas.
- Our waiting areas carry minimal numbers of clients at a time (we may ask some clients to wait in their vehicles), with 1.5 metre spacing of seats.
- All in-hospital patients wear surgical masks for improved infection prevention.
- On a daily basis, brief Health Talks are held for in-patients to foster a containment and safety culture
- Any in-patients who are at high-risk because of COVID-19, who require limitation of movement, can continue to receive therapy through tele-health platforms.
- There are no visiting hours at this time.
Situated in Umhlanga, in KwaZulu-Natal, Akeso Umhlanga offers specialist inpatient treatment for a range of psychiatric illnesses including anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorders. We provide individual, integrated and family-oriented treatment through our general psychiatry unit, dual diagnosis/addiction unit and adolescent unit. With our centrally located hospital, we aim to provide a safe and comfortable environment where patients can recover and regain their sense of security and self, under the expert care of specialists in both physical and mental health.
At Akeso Umhlanga, we treat both our patients and their loved ones with dignity and respect, delivering clinical excellence in our world-class facility, with the ultimate aim of helping patients and their loved ones not only to recover, but also to understand their illness, and thereby learn to manage their own psychological health.
Our hospital is staffed by a multi-disciplinary team of medical professionals, including psychiatrists, medical doctors, psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers, pharmacists and registered nurses, all of whom are dedicated to providing exceptional care to each patient, to ensure the best possible outcome for patients and their loved ones.