AKESO IS WELL-PLACED TO LOOK AFTER YOU DURING THE COVID – 19 PANDEMIC
The response to COVID-19 is continuously evolving as we learn new things about the virus. Akeso has ensured compliance to appropriate infection control measures in order to safeguard both staff as well as the clients who come into our facilities. We request that you have a COVID-19 test no more than 48-72 hours prior to admission.
All persons who come into an Akeso facility:
- Must have a protective mask on. This should be able to securely cover the mouth and nose without needing continuous adjusting.
- Will find a screening desk at the entrance where temperature reading will be done, as well as completion of a questionnaire, to establish the likelihood of Covid-19 infection.
- Will be provided with ample no-touch sanitisation stations and access to bathrooms to wash their hands.
- Akeso has ensured absolute minimal interaction between in-hospital patients and outpatient clients. This is done to reduce the risk of cross-infections.
- Our facilities have frequent wipe-down of seating and table-tops as well as bathrooms and other common areas.
- Our waiting areas carry minimal numbers of clients at a time (we may ask some clients to wait in their vehicles), with 1.5 metre spacing of seats.
- All in-hospital patients wear surgical masks for improved infection prevention.
- On a daily basis, brief Health Talks are held for in-patients to foster a containment and safety culture
- Any in-patients who are at high-risk because of COVID-19, who require limitation of movement, can continue to receive therapy through tele-health platforms.
- There are no visiting hours at this time.
Situated in Kommetjie, in the Western Cape, Akeso Stepping Stones offers specialist inpatient treatment for a range of psychiatric and addictive illnesses through its Dual Diagnosis/Addiction Unit, including substance abuse and addiction.
Established in 1985, the hospital aims to provide a safe and comfortable environment where patients can recover and regain their sense of security and self, under the expert care of specialists in both physical and mental health.
Akeso Stepping Stones prides itself on treating both patients and their loved ones with dignity and respect, delivering clinical excellence in world-class facilities with the ultimate aim of helping patients and their loved ones not only recover, but also understand their illness, and thereby change the direction of their lives.
Akeso hospitals are South Africa’s foremost psychiatric treatment hospitals, providing individual, integrated and family-oriented treatment for a range of psychiatric, psychological and addictive conditions.
All our psychiatric hospitals are staffed by a wide range of medical professionals, including psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers, pharmacists and nurses, all of whom are dedicated to providing the best possible patient care, to ensure the best possible outcome for patients and their loved ones.